Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hawaii is AMAZING!!!

Ok...so Jimmy and I spent 11 days in Hawaii. We spent 5 nights in Oahu at Ko Olina, then 4 nights in Kauai (The Grand Hyatt rocks!!) and then 2 full days in Maui.
We would just stand in awe at God's creations!! Everytime we turned around, there was another fantastic view. It didn't matter where you were...His beauty was everywhere!!
Well...I can remember as a child always wanting to swim with dolphins (I think that is every 5th grader's dream to be a marine biologist! hehe). It stemmed from my older sister's love for dolphins. You know how it is, you want to do EVERYTHING just like your BIG sister. Anyway...I have held on to that dream. I didn't want to take a snorkel trip in "hopes" to see the dolphins, I wanted the trained ones! I wanted to do tricks with them!! So my sweet husband said "Do it! "
He took me to Sea Life Park and I was able to hang out with 2 sweet female dolphins and 1 wolphin ...yes you read right...a wolphin is a cross-breed of a dolphin and a whale!
They gave kisses, had belly rubs, took me on a ride as I held on to their fins and we did what you call a "foot push" You can see it in the pictures. I was in a group of about 8 other people and I was last in line for the foot push and at that point they swapped one of the dolphins for the wolphin...and as you can imagine...she gave me quite the push and I went way up in the air! It was SO much fun! Jimmy didn't have much interest in swimming with the dolphins...his mind was set on golfing at Kapalua...so we did that too! :)
Vacationing is a lot of fun, but one thing I find hard is getting pictures of the 2 of us. You always have to stop and ask someone to take your picture and often it turns out blurry or an arm gets cut off...so you try the old "self-timer"...but I made a big mistake and forgot my tri-pod, so I tried to be creative and set the camera in odd places, but that didn't work great either. Maybe there is a market out there for hiring photographers to vacation with you so you can get great pictures!! hehehe I would have no problem going to Hawaii again to take some family pictures! :)

Well...I really love this blogging stuff. I have to thank Andrea for pressuring me to make one.:)
Looks like you guys like it too...because I have had 6 calls for sessions since I started it!
Thanks so much for passing along my name and helping me grow my business! I really do LOVE what I do!
Have a blessed day!
Enjoy the slide show of Hawaii!
Click Here to view the Hawaii slide show!

1 comment:

Billy, Ann and Baby Clark said...

WOW!! How amazing is that!! I so enjoyed your Hawaii slideshow, first of all I was GLUED to everyone...what beauty including the 2 of you! How special and looks like you guys got to do sooo many great things...we would love to get together soon and hear all about it! We are sooo excited for you and hope we get the chance to go sometime! Much love to you both from Billy and I, Ann